Standard inspection rate is $349 for all homes or townhouses regardless of size, age, etc.
The onsite inspection and written report will cover the following:
- Drainage Systems
- Chimneys, Skylights & Other Roof Penetrations
- Driveway & Sidewalk
- Decks, Patios, Porches & Balconies
- Exterior Doors
- Siding, Flashing & Trim
- Soffit & Fascia
- Vegetation, Grading, Drainage & Retaining Walls
- Accessory Structures
- Countertops & Cabinets
Heating & Cooling
- Operating Controls
- Distribution System
- Garbage Disposal
- Range, Oven & Cooktop
- Main Water Shut-off Device
- Water Supply, Distribution Systems & Fixtures
- Bathtubs & Showers
- Drain, Waste & Vent Systems
- Hot Water Systems, Controls, Flues & Vents
- Fuel Storage & Distribution Systems
- Sump Pump
- Service Entrance
- Main & Subpanels, Service Grounding
- Branch Wiring, Circuits, Breakers & Fuses
- Lighting Fixtures, Switches & Receptacles
- Ground & Arc-fault Protection
- Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Floor Structure
- Wall Structure
- Ceiling Structure
- Roof Structure
Insulation & Ventilation
- Exhaust Systems
Indoor Air Quality (Optional Add-on) | $19
- Formaldehyde Level Measurement
- Volatile Organic Compounds Measurement
Radon (Optional Add-on) | $99
*For a more detailed list, Click Here to view the TN Standards of Practice for Home Inspectors.
What’s in the Report?
- Detailed information about the home’s major systems & components.
- Descriptions and pictures or videos of all defects observed.
- General recommendations for addressing the defects.
*Reports are typically 50-100 pages in length and include 150+ pictures or video clips. Click on the View Sample Report tab to see an actual report.
How long does the inspection process take?
The on-site inspection can take anywhere between 2.5-4 hrs. to complete. The written report will be delivered within 24 hrs. of completing the on-site inspection. Same-day report delivery is available for an additional $149.
Can Someone Attend the Inspection?
It’s your choice but keep in mind that on-site inspections can take up to 4 hrs. to complete. It’s a very detailed process and accompanying the inspector to ask questions could become a distraction. Our goal is to provide you with the most thorough report possible and we find it easier to discuss our findings with you after you’ve read the report.
What’s your Service Area?
Anywhere within 40 miles of Clarksville, TN. We do not, however, perform inspections in the state of KY. If you want a property inspected that’s outside of our service area, text 740-221-7037 to get an adjusted quote.
Do you inspect for Termites, Mold, Lead-based Paint, or Asbestos?
If we suspect the presence of any of these conditions, we will document it in the report and recommend further evaluation by a specialist. We do not, however, test surfaces for mold, lead-based paint, asbestos or issue termite clearance letters.
Do you Inspect Septic Systems?
No. Evaluation, pumping, and mapping of septic systems must be done by a licensed septic professional. Click Here to search for your property's septic records.
Why Choose Us?
- Thoroughness. We will spend as much time at the property as we need in order to complete a thorough inspection. Others schedule multiple inspections per day which limits the amount of time they have to evaluate each home. This can cause them to rush through the inspection and miss costly repairs.
- Fair Pricing. Inspection fees in Montgomery County range anywhere between $300-$400. Many inspection companies adjust their rate based on the home’s size, age, and other factors. They claim that older or larger homes take longer to inspect which warrants a higher fee. The problem with this is that it isn’t always true. The property’s condition will determine how long the inspection takes, not its age or size. We believe you deserve fair and transparent pricing so our fee never changes.
- High-Quality Reports. Compared to other inspection companies, our reports include significantly more pictures and videos (usually between 150-300 total). This makes it easier for you to understand the defects we find and documents the overall condition of the home.
- Advanced Tools & Equipment. Some areas of a home are difficult to access or can’t be seen with the naked eye. To overcome this, we utilize infrared and drone technology when needed.
- Knowledge & Experience in Real Estate. As an active real estate agent, I understand how the inspection and due-diligence period fits within the home-buying process as a whole. This allows me to work with your agent to make sure all of your concerns are addressed prior to closing.
- Dedication to Clients. Buying a home is one of the largest investments you’ll ever make. I want you to feel confident in your decision so I treat every inspection as if I were buying the house myself.
If you have any other questions please text Chase Grimm at 740-221-7037.